If you are a homeowner, you will already be aware that building maintenance is part and parcel of real estate ownership, and that most certainly includes the roof, which has to endure the harsh Australian climate year in, year out. Here is a list of roof services that you might want to consider to add to your list of essential services to be carried out.
- Cleaning Out the Guttering – The guttering on your house is not there for aesthetic reasons, even though it might look attractive, as it provides an essential escape route for excess rainwater. Should your guttering become blocked, rainwater will run down the exterior walls and you definitely do not want that to happen. If you search online for Perth gutter cleaning, there are companies that specialise in such a service and they will also power wash your roof is you wish. If you have overhanging tree branches, soggy leaves and small twigs can easily cause a guttering blockage, so you need to check on a regular basis.
- Power Washing your Roof – If you would like your roof to be restored to its original condition, have the roof power washed, which will remove moss and dirt and grime that have built up over the years. Aside from having your roof cleaned, you can also have it sprayed with a silicone-based sealant, which will prolong its life. This service would be offered by a company that specialises in rooftop services, who would have all the necessary equipment to carry out the work safely.
- Cleaning Solar Panels – If you are one of the many Australian homeowners who have made the switch to the clean and renewable energy from the sun, the panels do require regular cleaning in order to remain efficient, and with a Google search, you can locate a specialist company that will come and clean your solar panels. It is recommended to clean your solar panels every couple of months, which will maintain a high level of efficiency.
- Replacing Missing or Broken Roof Shingles – Roof tiles can easily become broken or missing due to gale force winds and the same firm that carries out roof maintenance can find matching tiles for your roof. It isn’t always evident that roof tiles are missing, so you should inspect the roof on a regular basis, especially after a storm.
- Repairing Fascia or Soffit Boards – The fascia and soffit boards protect the underside of the roof and are usually made of timber, and should a section fall off, it will need to be reattached. Some homeowners prefer to replace these boards with PVC sections, which are maintenance free and come in a range of attractive colours.
If you carry out regular roof inspections, any minor issues can quickly be repaired before any damage is caused, and if you search online, you will find a company that specialises in roof maintenance and repairs. If you set a schedule, the company can carry out the above maintenance checks on a regular basis, which will ensure that your roof is always in good order.